Apex Electrical has successfully designed, manufactured and installed many customised, automated and robotic systems.
These projects included water jet cutting robots, welding robots, and PLC based automated materials handling control systems.
An in-house service
All design, documentation and manufacturing are carried out in-house. We use AutoCAD for all schematics and layouts. Our staff and Electricians have experience with many types of PLC & SCADA systems, such as Allen- Bradley, Toyopuc, Texas, Omron, Mitsubishi and Opto22.
Clipsal C-Bus certified
We are also a certified installer of Clipsal C-Bus automated building management systems that are used to control lighting and other electrical services.
Some of the projects we’ve carried out to date include:
- Toyota Tsusho Steel Centre‑ Installation of a 300 ton Komatsu press along with a coil line and robot stacker. The project included taking delivery of the equipment from the port of Melbourne to plant commissioning. The project was a turnkey operation including the project management of the civil, mechanical and electrical contractors on the job.
- Ford / Continental ‑ Kanban system project ‑ included the control system design and installation including Ornron PLC programming Phoenix blue tooth communication.
- Toyota Motor Corporation ‑ Body shop Process Cycle 1 safety improvement of 47 Robot cells. Integration of the master on, push button cycle start, emergency stop button control system. The project included Toyopuc PLC, PILZ safety relay, and Proface Touch Screen panel programming.
- Toyota Motor Corporation ‑Small Parts Shop Automation of 2 Pneumatic stillage conveyors were fully automated utilizing standard equipment including the rework of other conveyors. Job consisted of control system design 1 touch screen, PLC and Devicenet bus system integration.
- Southern Star Observation Wheel ‑ Electrical installation and commissioning of the lighting, power, automation, communication and security works on the entire wheel.
- Toyota Boshoku ‑ Design programming and installation of an Andon System to communicate production progress, down time and problem areas to assist management to improve productivity. CSL ‑Electrical Installation and commissioning of the new Q fever bioplasma processing facility in Broadmeadows.
- Sugar Australia ‑ refurbishment and making compliant to DIP requirements the 4 sugar throwers in the raw sugar store including the lighting in the store and the wharf area. The project included both the electrical and mechanical works.
- Toyota Motor Corporation ‑ Apex manages and maintains the Data and communication infrastructure network Australia wide and also is the electrical facility managers for the Altona car production plant.
- Toyota Motor Corporation ‑ Electrical Installation of 31 robot cells in the paint shop
- Toyota Australia – Welding Robots Installation (Port Melbourne & Altona)
- Toyota Australia – Automated Windscreen Delivery System
- Ford Australia – Installation of scissor lift tables in assembly line
- Ford Australia – Cable retraction systems in shipping tunnel
- Kmart Australia – Warehouse Intelligent Lighting Systems
- Austin Hospital – Laundry Motor Control Centre
- Diafuka (Japan) – Toyota Plant Monitoring System
- Qantas Cargo – Computer Controlled Materials Handling Systems
- Kokums Industries – Tank Pump Control Centre
- Toyota Australia – Automatic Transmission Oil Fill Machine